Thread: Hostile mx users

Default Hostile mx users

I've recently got a pair of hostile mxs rear in extra hard.. But I'm unecided on the fronts. Do you guys run the same tire on the front or a different style?! Be mainly used on grass.
    Cheers

I think most run the same on the front too. I also reckon they look better all round

yep all around for me...

:gunsmile:IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TOO FADE AWAY !!!! !:gunsmile:

Is there any differece between hard and extrahard?

Isnt it obvious, other one is harder with less grip but does anyone really notice it

Quote Originally Posted by siffonen View Post
    Isnt it obvious, other one is harder with less grip but does anyone really notice it
    I don't think it would be noticeable , go for the extra Hards, they last ages & ages.....well tough !!

Quote Originally Posted by siffonen View Post
    note really,just because is sayng,doesnt meen it has to be.some are playng with these names.wanted to know thruly if someone has them both,if the difference is quite some

no to mention,that the price are the same

On the baja I run extra hard MX's on the rear and mini MX's on the front.
    Last edited by xXSILVERSTONEXx; 14-04-2016 at 19:45.
    Gimme fuel, Gimme fire, Gimme that which I desire

Quote Originally Posted by xXSILVERSTONEXx View Post
    On the baja I run extra hard MX's on the rear and mini MX's on the front.
    me too .....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

I've always chose hard compound based on being a tad easier to get on, last just as long as extra hard and give slightly better grip.
    I switch between MX and Mini MX for the fronts, also in hard compound, depending on the ground I'm going to be running on, grass/mud is MX and loose dirt/gravel or anything loose like that I find Mini MX work better.

I did buy hard hostile mx for front because it was winter and lakes were frozen in Finland. Great tire for kold kutters, i did have kutters in rovan labeled mx replicas and they worked fine. I have used those chinese tires for a while now and i am happy with them. However i am going to order real mx for front and rear with silverback wheel. I have also chinese wheels which seems to be proline replicas, busted one last summer but that did get a quite big hit sideways.

I went MX all round as well but I do also have a MX minis. Only problem I have with the MX minis is I find the rubber a lot softer, even with the hard ones. Purely because of that when I went for the MX's I got the extra hard compound, although they are harder to get on I thought that the side walls would be harder so less likely to pull out. Well that was my thinking any ways. If I was going to buy a set of tires now I would get MX's first over a mini MX's purely because they stay on the wheel better and don't pull out as much. I can't keep my mini MX's on the wheel for very long even with nut and bolt mod and tape around the inner foam. They still seem to pull out more than the MX's do. Because of that my thinking is the extra hard MX's will pull out less than the hard compound MX's but since I don't have a hard set of MX's to run against the extra hard, I can't really comment on it. But thats my thinking any road if its any help. So I'd say go extra hard MX's purely for the extra bash proofing that they could possibly offer. Hope that helps.

THX for the review biscuits,so there is realy a difference between compounds,i was going for hard ones,but if there is difference,will take the extra hard ones

No worries, hope it helps. There is a definite difference between MX and the mini MX's. The MX's definitely stay on better than the minis. So my thinking between the MX hard and MX extra hard was that they would be the same. But it makes sense to me and if the side compound on the MX extra hard over the hard compound is harder, which they are advertised as, then they should be less likely to pull out. Thats my thinking behind it all any road. I think its not just about the tread wear and grip, you should also take in to consideration how the tire stays on. Other people might have other opinion on that, but for me, I get fed up with putting tire beads back in, so anything that might make it less likely to happen has got to be a good thing for me. I just want to be able to take the car out, have a bit of fun and then put it back in the shed.

The MX fronts, whether they be hard or extra hard go well with Uber Vipers on the rears too. Not a bad set up that. The Vipers are good and offer more sideways grip than the MX rears do. But they don't last as long, so its good I think to have a set of MX rears to do most of your bashing with. To be fair though, tires don't last that long depending on where you drive. My tires wear out quite quick as I run in the quarries and even the MX rears wear down quickly, but they still last longer than the vipers, but the vipers still seem to offer good grip even when worn and the MX rears loose grip the more they wear. But they are all good in my books, MX and Vipers.

Will be getting the fronts ordered tonight.. Cheers all