• Innovative-RC

6 66.67%
  • Scorpion

0 0%
  • Hpi

0 0%

Thread: What chassis? Kraken X3, Scorpion or innovative or hpi

Default What chassis? Kraken X3, Scorpion or innovative or hpi

Need to get another chassis as had a small knock on the front and it bloody bent and split by screw hole.

Was gonna get a kraken X3 but really not sure if it's gonna take a bashing or do I just get an innovative one with added brace.

I'm not sure I can add a bumper such as urber our igoo because I've just purchased a kraken TSK-1 roll cage/truck conversion which says it has its own integrated front bumper.

What do you guys think cause I'm so undecided I just don't want to keep throwing money away on chassis.
    "It's not what you drive it's how you drive!"

I'd say X3 mines served me well most others would say IRC for the same reason I say X3

Sent via tapatalk on a cloned mobile device TRCC
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Innovative one mate.
    Support a UK company and they are a really great chassis.
    Krakens warranty is also an absolute joke.
    Not to mention the I-RC one is about half the price.
    Definitely run the I-RC chassis brace as well, for that 14 it's worth 10x that in how many times it's saved my chassis lol.

Innovative all the way.The price and durability makes it a good deal

Been looking and bit the bullet and got an X3.

Was gonna go irc but I didn't want an alloy fully enclosed chassis. Also didn't want a lightweight one with the floor cut outs also they didn't have stock of what I wanted.

Fingers crossed it was the wise choice

You do realise the Kraken is a fully enclosed chassis?

Yes I did realise that.

What I didn't want and meant to also say was I didn't want an enclosed ally chassis due to being a bit heavy compared to the x3

I went on irc and even put in Cart but didn't have what I wanted. The scorpion had what I wanted but not heard much about them.

They aren't heavy mate.
    I remember weighing one next to a HPI chassis... Nothing that you'd notice at all, too late now mind you lol, but just saying
    Be interested to know what the Kraken weighs, never owned one personally and won't be doing so won't have the opportunity to do it myself let us know what it weighs

Quote Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
    They aren't heavy mate.
    I remember weighing one next to a HPI chassis... Nothing that you'd notice at all, too late now mind you lol, but just saying
    Be interested to know what the Kraken weighs, never owned one personally and won't be doing so won't have the opportunity to do it myself let us know what it weighs
    says it's weighs 702 grams on for sale info.

IRC chassis is the same weight as stock chassis as per Robs write up, 710g

Also don't need no under chassis skid plate on the Kraken saving 95g again as per Robs weights, and a stock top plates fine saving further weight if it weight ya wanna save.

I didn't check the info, I prefer to do it myself, but couldn't remember the exact figures.
    To be fair, 95g on a 14kg vehicle is nothing.

Lol Dan depends if your chasing weight but then another decent saving on the top plate, little bits add up

I'd agree if it was rotational mass... But are you actually going to get anymore speed from a saving of something like 0.6%?
    That's assuming the Baja weighs the average of about 14kg, there's some that weigh a lot more lol.
    Also having bent several stock top plates, I can't see that being a great idea

Default What chassis? Kraken X3, Scorpion or innovative or hpi

Lol Dan again it depends on what he as in mind, if bashing then no you'll gain naff all but if weight saving for a reason then yes it all adds up.

And just for information the most biggest weight saving on a baja is wheel and tyre set up, so much weight can be saved on those alone.

You may have bent several but have you had a x3 and bent several? And that was my point he can save extra weight by having a stock top plate or save more and go carbon, now if he bends or brakes a stock plate or carbon plate with a X3 the odds on the X3 stopping bent is highly likely.

Nope not owned an X3 mate so not bent a top plate on one of those... But I know people have who.
    I can't really comment having not owned one though, just going by what I know.
    I mean Jons chassis completely deformed and all they offered him was a 25% discount on a brand new one.
    That ISN'T a 'no quibble' warranty lol.
    Anyway back on point, good luck with your new chassis chap, hope it's what you were after

Everything brakes sooner or later in my case it's still going lol 2 and half years now, I got the X2 replaced with a X3 for 16$ post lol but has much as I'd like to put money into a UK made chassis you have to fit what ya thinks best for you at the time ya need a new erm.

Carbon fibre chassis was/are suppose to be the best chassis, plenty broke erm and plenty don't.
    Andy's had great success with his carbon chassis, and that's my next chassis TBH not because it's not going to brake or brake for that matter but because it's saving weight and that's what I want.

But personally I'd have to say the X3 is better than any alloy chassis on the market, for reliability.
    The X3 has a 4mm steel plate in the kick up, steel is stronger than alloy and the IRC been just 4mm chassis vs chassis the x3 is stronger 12mm kick up vs 4mm.

But johns chassis deformed? That's a down side with plastic melting points not very high.