Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hostile mx Splitting

I think you are both right. I had problems with my minis on the oval and going flat out drifting the car on grass. They used to keep pulling out and wouldn't stay under the wheel beads at all.

But today I shredded two extra hard MX nightmares in less than one tank of fuel. The inside bead was still under the wheel beadlocks but the tires ripped off. I stuck the minis on, as it was that or the ubers and did a further 3 tanks of fuel. Better grip on the back and no damage at all. The minis today were much better than the MX's this time. I would never have thought I could do that to them in that short a time.

I think it depends on where and how you are driving. I was running on gravel this time, shortish flat out runs, hard and stoney ground as well as very long (which was interesting) and short and mown grass and the minis turned out to be much tougher. No problems at all.

I would never have thought that this would be the case, but it was. I think it depends on where you are driving your car and what the tires are getting put through. But the minis got my vote today, but yesterday it would have been the MX's…

Quote Originally Posted by Tony14 View Post
    you have it spot on Baja5b-ss, they did rip and not just pull out, wonder what Hostile will say this time, last time they offered a 50% reduction on a new set, so if at the least they offer that then ill be happy, although that's two sets with the same outcome so the search for a better quality tyre continues.
    Don't expect much,hostile always blaims the customer and offer ZERO suport.I had porblems with them aswell

Me too. I don't think the company Hostile actually exists anymore to be fair. I think its just the name used on tire products made by different companies for DDM and I have had problems with them in the past too. But to be fair though DDM did refund me the money for the slicks I had at the time that were faulty. So got to give them some credit as they do try.

I don't think tires should be ripping off the wheels though thats for sure. I don't have any problems with them wearing down though as long as you get a bit of use out of them. I do think that with standard cars, such as 23cc and 26cc there aren't as many problems.

Some of the blame has to lye with us and having bigger and more powerful engines and piling on the pounds as well I think… I haven't managed to shred two tires in less than a tank of fuel like I did today though until I got my 320. I have just ordered another set of hard compound instead of the extra hard to see if they last better.

Right. I had a closer look at the two Hostile MX's I destroyed last weekend and I can see why they are splitting. I don't know if they have always been designed like this, or if their other tires are the same, but if they are, I am surprised that not more of them have failed.

Its really simple. Basically if you look at the pic you can see the outer bead is about 2mm or more thick. But if you look at the inner bead where it has ripped away its only about 1/2mm thick, if that. No wonder it ripped off. Never going to stay on there with a 32 driving the car these are like that.

Going to drop DDM a pic and see if they can speak to their suppliers and get the weak point made thicker for the future. Its no good like that and personally I can't find any reason to have it like that.

photo 4.jpg

Exactly the same happened to mine! I did both rears in one outing!
    Shame as I prefer them over the ubers, they are not as grippy as the ubers which enables the back end to kick out when powering out of a corner and that suits my driving style.
    I may send pics of mine into them too,

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk