Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OHOs Axial Yeti RTR

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

In keeping with the Yetis new 'U4' style rock racer truck, I thought I'd add some netting... I'm not sure what I think of it yet though, it needs tidying up a little bit, but wanted some opinions... Do you like it or not?
    I may also try putting it on the inside of the cage instead of outside, it was just a quick job to see what I thought... I'm on the fence so far.

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

inside the cage gets my vote dan

Ended up removing it anyway bud, didn't like it even inside and both sides done lol

Got all the new electrics fitted into this now, HobbyWing WP SC8 and 3656 3400kv, ran it round outside, since rebuilding the shocks, with thicker oil in the front, and putting Ci foams in the tyres, it's a new beast, drifting round on tarmac for fun, no grip roll whatsoever.
    Can't wait to give it a run now
    Managed to put my on/off switch in a position I can get to it without opening the cage up and it doesn't foul my crud guard, I may give it the Plastidip treatment as well to be on the doubly safe side.

Driver and co-driver are set and eager to go!

Awesome run with the Yetis today, absolutely night and day difference in handling between this set up and my old one, I have changed the suspension a bit and put Crawler Innovations foams in, that's basically it since the last run and it's 10x better!
    No more grip roll!
    Shame my wheel nuts keep coming loose on the back lol!
    I've noticed slightly shorter run times with the new HobbyWing system over the Castle system, slightly higher kv in this though, so I might try some 3s on slightly lower gearing and see how that goes.
    Not really a problem, got plenty of 2s packs I can switch between.
    Also have some footage from the days outing coming out when I can be bothered to edit it.

On its roof as usual!

We also had a couple of visitors!

A nice little climb

Here's my latest upload.
    This footage was done a little while ago, but just got round to editing it and uploading it now.
    Playing in the back of the dumper was pretty fun, as was jumping them out of it!
    Hope you enjoy, please subscribe, share, like etc... I'm almost at 200 subs and it'd be cool to get there!