Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D.I.Y Hinge pins

Default D.I.Y Hinge pins

i have this done nearly a week ago now but only had the chance to drive it today with all the hinge pins substituted
    with these bolts.works out at around two euro for eight bolts and lock nuts.i ran out of eclips so i gave the bolts a try.
    they fit well but the shorter hinge pins (or bolts ) need to be threaded longer and then cut to lenght.the bolts are 100mm long
    and were not long enough for the rear arms,but as the rear brace under the diff case was badly worn i took it off giving me enough thread lenght to secure a lock nut on the end.i had to shave a little off the steering wipers (very little) to clear the lock nuts.not sure how well they will ware but i am sure you will get your monies worth from them.simple to do and cheap.so i am now free of hinge pin eclips i am very happy to say.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/im...FQ2JIHdyJTZ44g
    Last edited by ngun200; 12-05-2012 at 20:39.

Nicely done, paul.
    Looks sweet

Nice simple mod....cheap too.

looking good there paul nice little mod u do like your bolts lol

Whats the story with one alloy and one rpm, or just showing it works in each?

Quote Originally Posted by Echlin W View Post
    think is cause the gh arm broke on him

Good call ngun

Shaving off the servo saver is normal, even with main manufacturer bolted hinge pins.

Have you got a link to the bolts/nuts you bought ?

I'm ganna make this a sticky, top DIY mod imo, me likey

you could say that,but i broke a gh arm so now i only have one more to break before i can say never again will i try
    something new in that area.RPM are top of the upgrade tree for suspension arms,gh are the roots,if you get my drift.

Baja-Forum Maniac steve baja ss's Avatar

nice mod and easy to do

Thats sucks, really sucks.

No warranty or anything, i think danny got a new set when broke some alloy ones, could be flm though

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Good call ngun

Shaving off the servo saver is normal, even with main manufacturer bolted hinge pins.

Have you got a link to the bolts/nuts you bought ?

I'm ganna make this a sticky, top DIY mod imo, me likey
    hi ya topper.i bought them at a local d.i.y store but here is a link.i think there is a longer one in there somewhere,so if
    you can get two bolts 110mm long they would be perfect for the rear and for the front just get shorter 100mm ones,instead of creating the longer thread as i would take a little longer to thread.there pretty cheap on this site but 200 in a packet is just a little overboard for spares dont forget the lock nuts too.
    it dosent hold enough info for a sticky,so if you try it out yourself your welcome to creat a sticky,as your mod threads are
    put together so much better than mine (and look better too ). i left it to the end to take pics and i never got the measurements of the finished pins.
    http://www.shop4fasteners.co.uk/acat...Plated_BZP.asp
    Last edited by ngun200; 27-03-2010 at 23:47.

Thats sucks, really sucks.

No warranty or anything, i think danny got a new set when broke some alloy ones, could be flm though
    well if i am honest i did contact GH who did say they would warranty there arms if i sent them back,as he said they"stand behind
    there products" top bloke but i declined the offer (i wonder why) "oh ya i know how the story will end" the same way broken .

Quote Originally Posted by sonic2810 View Post
    looking good there paul nice little mod u do like your bolts lol
    cheap bling .i have wanted to do this for months but the only bolts i could find in my local D.I.Y store only
    had fully threaded bolts,but on my last browse i found those.lucky as i ran out of eclips,nice find for me (nice and cheap).

Thumbs up

Spot on mod, just the job nice and neat plus dont have to theadloc one nut like most the mfr's ones

Quote Originally Posted by ngun200 View Post
    well if i am honest i did contact GH who did say they would warranty there arms if i sent them back,as he said they"stand behind
    there products" top bloke but i declined the offer (i wonder why) "oh ya i know how the story will end" the same way broken .

No need to use them, could have sold them

No need to use them, could have sold them
    i dident want the hastle and cost of sending them back.they are good for tarmac though.

Quote Originally Posted by stanlee View Post
    Spot on mod, just the job nice and neat plus dont have to theadloc one nut like most the mfr's ones
    a 110mm bolt is perfect for the rear,if you can find them.cheers for the comments,pretty much just bolt them on" nearly" just a
    little work needed.

Has anyone done this to the rear yet? What sizes did you use? I was just saying to dad today that its a joke trying to get into the bit infront off the diff with a e-clip and securing it.... Also on a couple off landings ive lost them this has caused a arm to break

So yeh... anyone used them on the rear and what sized bolts did you use?

Kieran
    Kieran Bolton!

Quote Originally Posted by kieranbolton View Post
    Has anyone done this to the rear yet? What sizes did you use? I was just saying to dad today that its a joke trying to get into the bit infront off the diff with a e-clip and securing it.... Also on a couple off landings ive lost them this has caused a arm to break

So yeh... anyone used them on the rear and what sized bolts did you use?

Kieran
    i have them on the rear also.a simular bolt 110mm long will be just the ticket.the partial thread is ideal,as its only for the lock nut,
    as a full lenght thread would shread the arms.check the link or check your local d.i.y store.if the bolts are cut to the right lenght you should never loose a lock nut,well nearly never.

Thinking of doing this mod just got a few snappy rc e-clips to use up first