Thread: Kill Switch

Default Kill Switch

Hello there,

i'm about to fit a switchblade kill switch, I'm about to crimp the red wires from switch and button together and do the same for the black. i Wasn't paying attention when i took the connectors off the back of the button so didn't notice which terminal the red and black was originally attached to. Does it matter? I couldn't see any markings on the terminals themselves so not sure. I'm a total noob at this stuff so speak to me as if i'm a total idiot. ta muchly.

Any way round mate don't matter

Ok, ta very much. I've got the thing wired up now and when i switch the electrics on i seem to get the correct LED signals for when i engage/disengage the 3rd channel or turn off the transmitter. Now it tells me to set my end points to 100%, i'm using the standard tf 45 transmitter that came with the car, how do i tell what the end points are currently set to and where 100% is? Normally i'd just assume you turn it till it cant turn anymore but once i started mooching around the net you can, in some cases, increase past 100%. So i'm back to square 1 with no clue what i'm up to.

I set my end points by sight, throttle end point, look at linkage rod when throttle is full on, if it bends rod when full throttle applied set end point so not to bend rod but still allow full throttle, same with brake don't want it over extending putting unnecessary force on servo, steering check your getting same throw left & right without any binding at all

think he means on the 3rd channel bud

Quote Originally Posted by dan1812 View Post
    think he means on the 3rd channel bud

Your right mate after reading again

Ok, got it all back together, got some fuel in and just had a test start in the garden. Started on the 3rd pull, sounded good and the kill switch from the transmitter worked a treat. Ta for the help.

Now what are these end points on the 3rd channel?

I've been mooching and I can see I have adjustment for the position of the steering and throttle and the steering throw. Those are all on the left side of the transmitter. I then have individual adjustment for left and right steering, throttle and brake. These are on the right, these were referred to in the manual as the end point adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by SpriteNo5 View Post
    Ok, got it all back together, got some fuel in and just had a test start in the garden. Started on the 3rd pull, sounded good and the kill switch from the transmitter worked a treat. Ta for the help.

Now what are these end points on the 3rd channel?

I've been mooching and I can see I have adjustment for the position of the steering and throttle and the steering throw. Those are all on the left side of the transmitter. I then have individual adjustment for left and right steering, throttle and brake. These are on the right, these were referred to in the manual as the end point adjustments.
    dont worry about end points for third channel if its only being used for a kill switch .... its only an on off switch for the kill switch ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....