Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OHOs back in the Baja fraternity HPI Baja 5B SS

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Not updated this for a while...
    She got put back together and I mounted my GoPro Hero Session to the roof, got some pretty good footage and some nice snaps from said footage!

As you'll notice I'm always in front LOL.

Out and about after the last rebuild, Ray forgot his transmitter, so I made mischief with his Baja...

After our last run out in the snow (pictures in the gallery section) I bent one of my shock shafts, the springs also looked a bit dodgy.
    So I gave the rear shocks a bit of a refresh, with some Kraken titanium shafts, main reason is hopefully they will be stronger and they have threaded ends because this is the 3rd end I've snapped off a HPI shock on this Baja alone, so decided some threaded metal ends should do the job better.
    Fresh pistons (possibly choose the wrong ones, it's a bit firm but I'll give it a test run anyway) some DDM HD springs and fresh shock socks from Uber.

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4538/24123504887_909cfeff49_b.jpg/img]

And while I was at it I put some mesh on the inside of the pullstart because I'm fed up of buying Outerwears at 25quid a piece for them to rip after a few runs.

And just a quick note, if anyone could advise on the best shock set up for the rare, I'd be happy to hear it.
    A good all rounder would be nice, it's been quite a while since I really 'tuned' a set of Baja shocks, so I'm a little out of the loop.
    The best ones I ever had in fact weren't even built by me, Paul (spents) built them and they were buttery smooth, but I can't remember the set up lol.

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

top pics dan ,
    as for the rear stock shocks mate, as far as I remember they had heavy duty springs on and had 35wt oil in em ,
    I used to run 30wt front with stock springs and the above on the rear,
    that setup worked great for me ,

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    top pics dan ,
    as for the rear stock shocks mate, as far as I remember they had heavy duty springs on and had 35wt oil in em ,
    I used to run 30wt front with stock springs and the above on the rear,
    that setup worked great for me ,
    That's what I'm running now, but they feel nothing like yours did lol.
    The fronts are set good, just trying to get the rears better for jumping, so I can jump a bit flatter.
    I need to put different pistons in I think, I might put the 2 hole ones in because they're bigger holes, the ones in now I beleve are either 10 or 12 hole but the holes are tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
    That's what I'm running now, but they feel nothing like yours did lol.
    The fronts are set good, just trying to get the rears better for jumping, so I can jump a bit flatter.
    I need to put different pistons in I think, I might put the 2 hole ones in because they're bigger holes, the ones in now I beleve are either 10 or 12 hole but the holes are tiny.
    i'm pretty sure I had either 2 or 3 hole pistons in the ones I did dan,
    defo not the the 10 - 12 hole ones

i'm pretty sure I had either 2 or 3 hole pistons in the ones I did dan,
    defo not the the 10 - 12 hole ones
    Time to order some more oil then and give that a go.
    As my typical luck dictates, I can only find one 2 hole piston in my spares and can't find them online lol.
    Bollcks!

Time to order some more oil then and give that a go.
    As my typical luck dictates, I can only find one 2 hole piston in my spares and can't find them online lol.
    Bollcks!
    i think I still have some stock shock parts kicking around dan,
    i'll have a look tomorrow in the workshop and see if I have any 2 or 3 hole pistons mate ,

i think I still have some stock shock parts kicking around dan,
    i'll have a look tomorrow in the workshop and see if I have any 2 or 3 hole pistons mate ,
    Top man Paul, you always seem to come to my rescue lol.

New wheel nuts... To keep these faster wheels on innit.

I can only find the multi hole shock pistons at moment dan,
    I will have another look and see if I can find some 2 or 3 hole ones though mate ,
    i'm sure I have some mate ,

I can only find the multi hole shock pistons at moment dan,
    I will have another look and see if I can find some 2 or 3 hole ones though mate ,
    i'm sure I have some mate ,
    If not mate don't worry, with this time of year etc... You won't to be out in the garage looking for about the smallest piece that goes on a Baja lol.
    If you do though, shoot me a PM

If not mate don't worry, with this time of year etc... You won't to be out in the garage looking for about the smallest piece that goes on a Baja lol.
    If you do though, shoot me a PM
    lol dan, well I been and had another look and all I can find is the multi hole ones,
    sorry about that, but if I do come across the 3 or 4 hole ones i'll let you know though ,
    and lol I will be out there all weathers dan, sat in front of a heater

Cheers Paul, thanks for looking mate, hopefully Paul (Swingy) has some, he's having a gander at some point

After lots of swearing everytime my cage comes out due to these quick release tubes being too short, I decided to make my own, I wasn't paying 30+ for a bit of alloy tube from ModifiedRC or Uber.
    I paid 5.09 for this 10mm inner diameter alloy tube, 300mm long, which is ideal.
    It's done the job perfectly, much tighter than the others, no need for screws or bodyclips either, I even prefer the silver to black, just need to sort a fresh pipe out because this stock can is actually really in the way and keeps coming loose, for reasons unknown.
    Can't for the life of me find a second hand pipe worth buying though, bit frustrating, but never mind!
    Also decided after the last run, the onboard footage is too shaky, most of that shake is from the fact the cage is only held in with bodyclips and my quick release tubes were quite loose also.
    So I've bolted the front of the cage, it's absolutely solid now, with the longer quick release tubes as well, I should be able to get some better onboard footage in the near future.

Richy Rooney is selling a H Bomb for a tenner Dan , in the classifieds. Sounds like a good buy to me.
    Hey BTW is that stock can the one I sent you a couple of years back ?
    Last edited by coalminer; 22-12-2017 at 01:17.

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    Richy Rooney is selling a H Bomb for a tenner Dan , in the classifieds. Sounds like a good buy to me.
    Hey BTW is that stock can the one I sent you a couple of years back ?
    All sorted now, I'm not a fan of the H bomb, I prefer separate tubes myself, just a bit more open for the exhaust.
    And yes it is, I knew it was someone on here who gave me it lol, I couldn't remember who it was!
    I keep everything I am given, regardless of if I need it straight away or not