Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OHOs back in the Baja fraternity HPI Baja 5B SS

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Firstly, sorry for the wind noise, a few people have complained about the music in some videos, so I thought I'd leave the audio raw and see which most people prefer
    Out and about for some jumps and fast action with our large scales!
    I noticed at the start of the day my handling was all over the place, as you'll see part way through the video, I've previously snapped my front shock tower and the support, so my front right suspension basically wasn't connected to anything... No matter, didn't stop us having some good fun, getting some decent air and generally hoonin' around!
    Hope you enjoy watching, please feel free to subscribe/comment/share etc...

nice looking baja!

Still not found the replacement upgrade parts I need

Did have it out though, had a damn good blast with Ray, sadly, my memory card decided to corrupt all the files, so no footage, we had some really good battles as well, which is extremely frustrating!

Hopefully I'll have some fresh footage sooon.

On the way back to the car my real wheels kept locking, came home to find metal in the clutch, not sure where it's actually come from, but I've ground away all the rough edges and it's all back together now and running smooth.

Here's some more footage, this was actually done sometime in December, so I was running the Kraken cage still at this point, which I may go back to.
    A nice combination of slowmo, 3rd person and onboard, including very nearly drowning the truck!
    Hope you enjoy, I'd thoroughly appreciate some subscribers, likes, comments and shares!

Been a little while since I updated this, last run out I totally destroyed the tower, my cable ties didn't hold lol.

Also pulled a perfect birds nest from a wheel, guess that's what happens when you leave it for two months *

Destroyed bearings, almost completely seized solid drivetrain, I've now freed most of it off, enough to give it a run, or so I thought, unfortunately, after the last wet run, my on/off switch has decided to throw a wobble, so need to replace that at some point then hopefully go out for a bash, was meant to be going tomorrow but had to call that off, serves me right for not checking everything straight away, still gutted though!

Lovely rust and dirt!

Wow thats why i dont run my baja on wet surface and are you going to replace the shock tower with a stok one or upgraded one?

Quote Originally Posted by EAS View Post
    Wow thats why i dont run my baja on wet surface and are you going to replace the shock tower with a stok one or upgraded one?
    After searching for well over two months, I can't find the upgrade one I want (GH Racing) so I've just replaced it with a stock one for now.
    For some reason I always smash them though, I've probably done at least 8 in total, not sure why!
    Dads done a couple as well, as has my uncle, but Ray hasn't on either of his.
    It's an odd one as we all run on the same ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
    After searching for well over two months, I can't find the upgrade one I want (GH Racing) so I've just replaced it with a stock one for now.
    For some reason I always smash them though, I've probably done at least 8 in total, not sure why!
    Dads done a couple as well, as has my uncle, but Ray hasn't on either of his.
    It's an odd one as we all run on the same ground.
    Interesting. I never had a problem with the stok one tbh. Good luck

They seem hit and miss, it's an odd one for me anyway, may end up buying the TR front tower combo, just to see if that helps, although it's the supports that break first.

They seem hit and miss, it's an odd one for me anyway, may end up buying the TR front tower combo, just to see if that helps, although it's the supports that break first.
    I used to smash the same part times many Dan and I don't bash hard like you do. But since changing to a TR combo with GH supports I never looked back and still use a stock bulkhead.
    I know you can't get GH supports anymore but I really do think a TR combo will fix it for you mate.

You might be just as well with some cheap ally supports. I had some and gave em away otherwise I would have let you have em to try.
    Last edited by coalminer; 03-03-2017 at 21:40.

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    I used to smash the same part times many Dan and I don't bash hard like you do. But since changing to a TR combo with GH supports I never looked back and still use a stock bulkhead.
    I know you can't get GH supports anymore but I really do think a TR combo will fix it for you mate
    I think it might, but I'm still unsure with standard supports as it's those that break, fair enough though, I can go a bit hard on it lol.
    The GH stuff held up for over two years of abuse, amazingly made pieces, don't know why the best companies stop trading
    I might take a gamble on the TR combo actually, I ran it once before, but can't remember what supports I had, I know it lasted though.

Dan I originally just ran my TR combo with cheap ally supports before I went to GH ones and it was fine with those too mate. If I still had them I would have sent em over to you, but another guy on the forum had them off me, he's not a member now and I don't think he ever used them. Just try some cheap ally ones with a TR combo mate. I'm sure it will solve your issue

I seem to think my original ally supports were GPM Dan.
    Never had any bother with them

Cheers for that Si, I may have another look, I did try to find some GPM ones, after they came recommended, but had a devil of a job finding them.
    I also had some Integy ones on another Baja, they came with it, not something I'd normally buy, but they didn't even fit properly, so it kinda put me off the cheaper brands.
    I've used GPM on smaller scale vehicles though with decent results so I will have another gander round now, see what I can't find lol

Si, do you happen to have a picture of the ones you had?
    I have found some GPM ones... 25 from China, just wondering if they're the same.

Si, do you happen to have a picture of the ones you had?
    I have found some GPM ones... 25 from China, just wondering if they're the same.
    These are the ones I had Dan. Sorry not a great pic of the supports....I had to delv deep into the archives for them. The pic shows a TR top brace with a cheap ally shock tower, but the supports were deffo GPM I'm sure. I later changed to the TR tower combo to work with the GPM supports
    They were square in section . I'm sure I had them from China too, but they never let me down. There are some on eBay at present.
    The top and bottom arms were GPM too....back in the days when I thought all alloy was best......the fool I was lol.

Last edited by coalminer; 04-03-2017 at 01:56.

I have been using the king motor tower and supports for 3 tanks u wouldn't buy clone parts but for the price of 20 pounds i can't complain and it did fit straight on with no issues interestingly.

I have no problem buying cheaper brand parts, I'd hardly call those particular KM parts 'clones' lol, they are just a different option I don't trust much alloy though, especially in an impact area, which is why I'm being a bit extra wary.
    I did get offered some GH supports but he wanted 35 in used condition because he knew how much I wanted them lol, I'm not open to being ripped off may take a gamble on the GPM bits, they look the same as yours Si..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1511729512...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thats a lot for a used set. I would check out abbots since they have a lot of options or irc (don't think they have supports tho) and if you can find a vertigo carbon fiber tower get it since they are super rare but too strong.

Yeah it is, especially considering it's only the supports.
    Abbots don't have what I need, unfortunately, you can't find the parts new anymore.
    I have just bagged a TR rear shock brace in black, so I might just order the matching front in black.