Thread: new too losi any advise

Default new too losi any advise

hi all i have just purchased my first losi DBXL dessert buggy 4WD from modelsport should receive tomorrow so very excited i currently have a hpi baja 5b which i still love but getting old now so want a different style to play with , is there any mods that need to be done from the start to save parts from breaking or are these pretty good , i dont really want to spent anything on this as i did with baja and once i started it never ended upgrade engine then need better driveshaft ect so prob going to keep standard to get my moneys worth lol

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

I would say just do as you said above mate,.
    fit a kill switch and radio gear and run it,
    see what happens or wears out quick then just mod those bits as and when you need to,
    i'm in a similar boat with the fid dragon hammer I now have, except mine is being modified from the start ,
    dragon hammer and dbxl have some similarities in some of the general running gear and like you, i'm new to the 4wd fid/losi style,
    so run it and see whats what mate

From the factory the DBXL air filter is over oiled and will need washing off. (They may of sorted that out by now) worth looking at tho'.

just received today and wow i dont want to say it but i think its built and looks alot better quality than my 5b baja, what do you guys think of these , are they worth the money .

do you have links for kill switch please guys

thanks for info few other questions about this buggy how long will the battery last its a 1700 and is the engine just like the baja to set up

hey guys just a quickie losi isnt really that clear by the sounds of it you just pull out box and start job done but with my baja they say adjust low and high needles to tune then job done do i do this with losi dbxl

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dye29 View Post
    hey guys just a quickie losi isnt really that clear by the sounds of it you just pull out box and start job done but with my baja they say adjust low and high needles to tune then job done do i do this with losi dbxl
    same as baja mate, stock carb settings for engine break in then tune to suit your preference, plug colour etc ,

and the battery should last a bash or two, but a higher mah battery will be better if your out all day ,

great cheers

has anyone fitted a switch blade to a dbxl it doesnt look like it will fit inside my receiver box