Thread: Throttle servo recommendations

Default Throttle servo recommendations

Can anyone advise me on a decent throttle servo i can use on my fg marder dont want to pay loads but want a good reliable one cheers

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

if the marder is on stock battery/servo tray mate, get the highest torque servo you can afford,
    something like the savox 1256tg has around 20kg of pull and would be plenty ,(that's if your running a 6v system )
    the fg's have crappy brakes, or at least mine has ,
    so better servo for throttle/brake the better .

Ill take a look at them well before it started playing the brakes were really good i have 97 upgrade. But after abit of bashing today the servo has lost its reaponse it wouldnt work when. I tried it earliet and it works very slowly??? Seems strange i am using a battery pack on it battery is strong as i have a indicator on it and the steering was sound.

Is this plenty powerful enough

Savox 0252 mg. It has 10. 5kg. . Llazaru i like the one you sent over will 8.5 kg be strong enough

Quote Originally Posted by Marderkyle View Post
    Savox 0252 mg. It has 10. 5kg. . Llazaru i like the one you sent over will 8.5 kg be strong enough

It is on the Baja, not sure on fg as never owned 1, my lad runs a turnigy 620 on his Baja that's 10.6kg and locks his brakes up, good if on a budget http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-Wa...MAAOSwxCxT84Ct

worth making sure your end points are set, so as servo is not over extending more than needed, leads to prem failure
    Last edited by llazaru; 08-01-2017 at 22:21.

How do you check end points mate,

Should be in menu on your handset, do you have a manual? you can adjust servo end points for both left and right travel, if its over extending at full throttle it will be putting strain on servo, needs to be backed off so as it ends at full extension of carb throttle arm and no further

Oh right ill check that but im sure they were ok but ill defo check when i install a nrw servo cheers mate