Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spents dellboy baja build

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Default spents dellboy baja build

ow do, moved this from the met dellboy thread now ,
    so where we at ?
    well today I finally got the whole rear end to line up right, the gear mesh is as good as its gonna get now,
    but hostile spur, so will wear in, it has the slightest of tight spots that I wouldn't even call a tight spot ,
    continued on and built some more of the rear end up, all alloy so everything has to be just right to line up and get the bolts in smooth,
    made sure I could get the rear top pins in and out easy as well cos top arms will need modding ,
    well the cuffs need modding cos there a tad too long and rear end has the wrong camber on,
    out at the top aint good ,
    exhaust will be a pain as well, I know dell was having issues getting it to fit right so that's gonna be time consuming as well,
    no head shroud on there at moment either, that will need slight mods as well to clear the pipe, but no point cutting yet till the pipes in its final place,
    also building this in two halfs, ie; build rear end tthen the front, then join em up and finish off,
    few pics below,
    and as always , thanks for lookin ,

print screen windows xp

upload a picture

free upload image

upload pictures

upload

It's fabulous!

Love it! It's like watching an episode of DIY SOS!

Quote Originally Posted by richy rooney View Post
    Love it! It's like watching an episode of DIY SOS!
    lol thanks rich , I think I get what you mean mate

Solid build

next update, and huston we have a problem ,
    the rear upright supports don't fit cos they catch on the tr tranny plate, and the exhaust don't fit cos it catches on the upright supports,
    so modded the supports till they fitted and could get the screws though the uprights, this in turn made a little more room for the exhaust, but not quite enough,
    now dell put a small relief dent in the exhaust and that clears the upright, but now I have to decide whether to put another dent in the pipe, which I don't really wanna do, or mod the top of the right hand support a little, only needs a couple of mm or so then the exhaust can swing down a tad lower and line up in the centre,
    but then theres another small problem further down the line with the back bumper of the cage, the exhaust don't hit the hole in the middle, so maybe space that a little to make it a better fit, but will cross that bridge when I come to it,
    cage and bumpers are already powder coated, so modding the bumper with a cut n shut is a no no,
    anyways, a few pics below,
    and as always, thanks for lookin ,

image upload no limit

photos upload

image hosting 5mb

free photo hosting

image hosting free no registration

image upload no ads

bit of an update, well the bumper in the way of the exhaust is gonna be an issue,
    you will see in the below pics what I mean , one pics of how it is and one pic of how it should be,
    tried taking out the x port to make more wiggle room, actually I tried a lot of stuff, but needs some thought ,
    then the big bores, well dell had the wrong cone adapter doodads for the tr braces, so had two spare short ones myself , so will swap those wi two of dells and then modded the other two that was needed,
    then left the rear end for now and built up some of the front end,
    modded the I-rc shock caps so they fit the tr brace and just a general build up of the front, spaced everything proper and bolted down etc,
    dells is gonna take a back seat and am going back to my own dragon hammer build for a few days now,
    dells is taking time to do but its gonna be done right , lots of fiddling wi a full alloy build ,
    a few pics below,
    and as always, thanks for lookin ,

image hosting sites

print screen

uploading pictures

free picture upload

post a picture

smoking lol.doing a good job there spent
    I love the smell of two stroke in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by dellboy1959 View Post
    smoking lol.doing a good job there spent
    thanks dell ,
    defo an interesting build though mate, very very fiddly wi the full alloy and lots of little adjustments needed to get it spot on ,
    also above I said dell had the wrong I-rc shock adapter doodads for the tr braces,
    well guess what turned up literally 5 mins ago ?
    yep , the right ones , they were in a bag of other stuff that was in the box of plenty ,
    I looked through everything before and must have missed em ,

What the chuffin hell's going on spent,i aint heared owt f weeks ya slack fecker

Quote Originally Posted by dellboy1959 View Post
    What the chuffin hell's going on spent,i aint heared owt f weeks ya slack fecker
    lol dell, gonna be back on yours soon mate ,
    engine mount for the hammer took longer than expected and wanted to get that sorted and the engine bolted in proper ,
    updates on yours soon ya big plum ,

I should damn well hope so annorl

bit of an update on dells baja,
    front end is sorted now, some spacers cut and fitted, swingy p's fitted , shocks fitted etc,
    so that's all sorted and lined up,
    rear end is lined up and almost sorted, found a clutch issue so had to take the eac and that side of the car to bits again, sorted that,
    then exhaust is just about where it needs to be now, I left the rear bumper for now cos I know how i'm gonna do that now ,
    bones are in but without boots or grease yet cos they need to come out again when I cut the cuffs down a bit to sort the rear camber out, its wrong at the moment ,
    so its a case of it needs this and that and that final fitting so such and such can be done to it ,
    I've done a lot to this the last few days, and there is an awful lot of alloy ,
    few pics below, and as always,
    thanks for lookin ,

uploadimage

screenshot on pc

windows print screen

screen capture windows 7

pc screenshot

well this builds on hold for now for obvious reasons,
    I told dells wife I would pack it away and store it all till she gets in contact about what she wants to do with it,
    she said she would be in touch when things have settled down a bit ,

thanks to all that have commented on the other dell thread
    Last edited by spentallmymoneyagain; 27-02-2017 at 19:09.

i think it should be raffled and the money gave to his family ... finish it then do what we done before regarding the raffle we had ... just a suggestion of course ....
    Last edited by BASS 666; 28-02-2017 at 00:48.
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    i think it should be raffled and the money gave to his family ... finish it then do what we done before regarding the raffle we had ... just a suggestion of course ....
    Good idea man.

Very sad news.
    ALX 71 Gold Editon
    BRP Super Spike, Extended IRP Hubs
    ROK Symsteer, 26/48 Gearing, ALX Drive Train

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    Sounds a good idea Gary. But it would have to raise a fair amount of money to equal what it's worth.
    However it's up to Dells wife to decide . Probably best to let things lie for a while until she is able to say what she wants. I'd hope it would make a sizeable amount for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    Sounds a good idea Gary. But it would have to raise a fair amount of money to equal what it's worth.
    However it's up to Dells wife to decide . Probably best to let things lie for a while until she is able to say what she wants. I'd hope it would make a sizeable amount for his family.
    agreed mate and of course it will be a while until the dust settles ... we made over 1300 pounds on the last one and we could prob do it again if we got people on Fkbook involved as well as other forums maybe ... lets see and wait until the family is ready to even deal with things ... so sad to be even talking about this ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Like that ideal gar also agree with letting things be atm

It is sad to be reading and writing this but dell was part of the BFUK family and am sure we can do something to help dells family am sure we all feel the same way

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

i agree it would be nice to see dells baja finished lads and that maybe a raffle or something like that would be a good idea,

but as above, needs to be left for a while and see what dells wife says when she's ready,
    I don't really know her that well, only spoken to her a couple of times in the past,and that was only to pass the phone to dell if you get what I mean,
    so its a bit of a difficult situation all round really.
    seeing his baja in the workshop wasn't easy to be honest, not sure if that makes sense or not , so its wrapped up and packed away for now,
    I will see what happens as said, when the dust settle and that,
    cheers lads