Thread: Hi fellas n gals. Back after a long break

Default Hi fellas n gals. Back after a long break

A big hello from me again. Its been at least 4 years if not more since i was in the site. Great to see i still have lots of friends and i hope to make lots more. Reason i am back is i just too a losi k&n dbxl in part exchange for an rc4wd 110 defender i had built. Unfortunately i sold every bit of kit i had when i moved to England because i was upsetting donkeys or horses or residents no matter where i went, with my hpi baja. Not sure if anyone remembers it but i would say it was probably one of the most sorted motors on the forum, exceptions to the guys in the top 5% of the league

A lot has happened in the interim period, mainly surviving post op complications from spinal surgery resulting in being given the last rites.
    Good news i'm still here bad news is the multiple bilateral pulmonary emboli and multiple dvt's took their tole and have left me badly disabled. Buggre

I could go on but that music from the radio would start along with violins

So i have this losi but please do not look down on me.
    I havent even started it.
    It was brand new and the chap i traded with had been running it in on a bench and when he went to have a go it lost radio contact and went of on it's own until it hit a kerb. It required a new shock shaft which was done before i took it.
    still has the fuel in it he used but i have just ordered a failsafe to fit then test.
    I swapped out his radio gear as i have a dx3c and srs4210avc receiver( need to check it works with the failsafe as apparently some don't.
    I turned 50 last year. I was a gas engineer but due to my health i was let go and now am retired due to ill health. Always there if you need some advice and i seem to recall a few guys in the same line of work.

I am going to be keeping this dbxl as standard as i can but i am going to want an exhaust and possibly a decent motor.
    So i hope that has introduced me again despite being a wise old owl with the bajas and i look forward to catching up.
    Don

Welcome back Don not so busy on here these days(facebook) good luck with the dbxl

Welcome back Don, I remember you. Sounds like you have been through the wars. Not many of the original guys left on the forum now, just us oldies lol. But we're still here and all the info is still on the forum. Nice to see you back

welcome back mate and sorry to hear of your ailments .. it could be worse you might have a face on ye like DRE ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Thanks lads. I see the sense of humour remains which is great

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

welcome back to the forum

welcome back Don good to see you back on buddy

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Quote Originally Posted by BajaDre View Post
    welcome back Don good to see you back on buddy
    Thanks fella.
    I am into most things rc and have been crashing helicopters for 3 years and still cant hover nose in lol