Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From viewer to poster :)

Default From viewer to poster :)

Hey guys,
    Just started out on the 1/5th scale path over the last few weeks and having surfed the forum for a little while, I thought I'd get signed up and have the ability to post, share and information gather. I'm not a Baja owner, but the forum seems a lot more active than others in regard to all things large scale, so figured it's still a good place to be

Being not entirely unfamiliar with the RC world, dabbled a little bit with 1/8th nitro for a while a few years back and my work colleague is into his 1/8th nitro for bashing. But by his own admission he's not really up to speed with what's what, when it comes to the large scale. Although I do have him to thank (or curse) him for sparking my interest in 1/5th, after showing me some pretty cool YouTube stuff and saying "Here, you'll like this...they've got 2-stroke engines in them"

I'm definitely in the noise and fumes camp, as opposed to the electric motor and will be looking to do a spot of racing in the future with either a 5T or 5B, but for now it'll be just having some fun ripping about on a few good spots I know of, or can find

Cheers all
    Last edited by CT#67; 07-03-2017 at 00:47.

Welcome to BFUK Enjoy

Welcome to the forum.

Pictures of your cars always welcome
    ALX 71 Gold Editon
    BRP Super Spike, Extended IRP Hubs
    ROK Symsteer, 26/48 Gearing, ALX Drive Train

Welcome to BFUK buddy

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

welcome to the forum mate,

Thanks fella's

As per @arron421 requested...a couple of pics V2 Dragon Hammer collected on the 18/2 and a round trip of 520 miles

resize1.jpg

resize2.jpg

well things just got a bit more interesting, for me anyway ,
    I have a v1 hammer , you might have seen the build thread i'm doing in the other rc section mate,
    so that's two people with hammers now

Spents got a dragoooon mate

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    well things just got a bit more interesting, for me anyway ,
    I have a v1 hammer , you might have seen the build thread i'm doing in the other rc section mate,
    so that's two people with hammers now
    Cool

I have indeed seen the project mate, from page 1 to the latest and it's proper trick...especially the chassis plate I happened across the build thread whilst really starting to dig into all the info I could on the DH, after making it the top of my short list. I'm looking forward to seeing it reach it's completion, as much as everyone else is...it's gonna be mental!

Yep two of us mate...well here at least and nowt wrong with being different lol! I know there's a couple more confirmed out there and Mark(Hoss) at RCmodelz still has his V1 and also a V2 now...greedy bugger But I'm pretty certain that the ownership level is definitely low-key as of right now.
    Which is one of the reasons that made me decide on buying one to be honest...along with the fact that it really is a nice looking and well put together truck.
    Any online media of the DH really doesn't do it justice...gotta to see it for real to appreciate it fully IMO.

Also, the fact that the platform is still relatively new and there's not that much data out there was also something that made me decide to go with it. Because I'm just starting out and getting invested in the hobby, anything I do or discover about the DH will be that much more noticeable, because I have the luxury of not having a point of reference to compare it against. Kinda like an unpaid crash test dummy

As of right now my Hammer is completely stock as per the pics, but this will not last...I have plans But I won't be doing any serious mods, so you're safe on that one bud and they'll be future additions to come with my RC garage once I've got the DH dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaDre View Post
    Spents got a dragoooon mate
    is that now the official ID for the truck or are we still at the WIP stage?

Welcome to the forum CT. looking forward to seeing you post up about your hammer. Spents really is the doctor of doctors for advice , what he's done to his is amazing

Thanks mate and once I start to get really stuck into it, I'll be posting plenty I've no doubt Can't beat backyard engineering driven by tea and biscuits

Quote Originally Posted by CT#67 View Post
    Cool

I have indeed seen the project mate, from page 1 to the latest and it's proper trick...especially the chassis plate I happened across the build thread whilst really starting to dig into all the info I could on the DH, after making it the top of my short list. I'm looking forward to seeing it reach it's completion, as much as everyone else is...it's gonna be mental!

Yep two of us mate...well here at least and nowt wrong with being different lol! I know there's a couple more confirmed out there and Mark(Hoss) at RCmodelz still has his V1 and also a V2 now...greedy bugger But I'm pretty certain that the ownership level is definitely low-key as of right now.
    Which is one of the reasons that made me decide on buying one to be honest...along with the fact that it really is a nice looking and well put together truck.
    Any online media of the DH really doesn't do it justice...gotta to see it for real to appreciate it fully IMO.

Also, the fact that the platform is still relatively new and there's not that much data out there was also something that made me decide to go with it. Because I'm just starting out and getting invested in the hobby, anything I do or discover about the DH will be that much more noticeable, because I have the luxury of not having a point of reference to compare it against. Kinda like an unpaid crash test dummy

As of right now my Hammer is completely stock as per the pics, but this will not last...I have plans But I won't be doing any serious mods, so you're safe on that one bud and they'll be future additions to come with my RC garage once I've got the DH dialed in.
    that's great that you like my build mate , and i'm looking forward to getting it finished as well , its taking a little time ,
    and mark has two hammers now ? he is greedy then, there are a few around but most of em are on the west side of the country at the moment,
    there slowly spreading outwards from around rc modelz ,
    looking forward to seeing what yours ends up like as well mate ,
    they really are a great truck, yes they have there little niggles , but all 5th scale cars do ,
    as for your v2, well theres not a massive amount to upgrade on em really, the v2 has loads more upgrades than the v1 and is still priced well ,

all good things take a while to complete...so you're on target I'd say
    Thanks mate and I'll get a thread started in 'other RC' section, once I get underway Ideally I'd have liked to get cracking the day after I got it home, but that's a whole other story

I think the build of the Hammer outweighs any gremlins it may currently have and there's not much that can't be resolved or dialed out over time, with set-up trial & error and exchanges of information between owners. Every early generation of any car/buggy/truck has gone through it at some stage and I don't see this being any different with the DH.

As you say mate, the "not entirely necessary no need to upgrade" is another plus point imo, especially for anyone who is happy to buy something and just go use it. The Hammer is so well spec'd out of the crate it ticks this box and at it's price point, you can't beat that with a stick
    I won't necessarily include myself as one of those people, mostly because I can't leave bugger all alone (much to the wife's dismay) and pretty much have to put my seal on something

Welcome mate.Did u decide on what engine?

Cheers dude yep this...braaaaapppppp!
    1.jpg

2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CT#67 View Post
    Cheers dude yep this...braaaaapppppp!
    1.jpg

2.jpg
    NICE !!! do yourself a favour and turn your clutch round .. theres a few of us that have done it and its far better regarding less wear and less heat build up ...

iv had mine done for a couple of years now and its still perfect ...
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Thanks mate and also for the tip. I've got a couple of other bits to fit up, so will do it then

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    NICE !!! do yourself a favour and turn your clutch round .. theres a few of us that have done it and its far better regarding less wear and less heat build up ...

iv had mine done for a couple of years now and its still perfect ...
    That's cos like me you never manage to get it up to full speed on the shelf Bass.

But yes Bass is right, I reversed mine too with his reccomendation shortly after he did and it saves wear and generates less heat as it snaps in quicker with limited slip. Great mod from our Bass