Thread: OHOs Tamiya Leopard 2a6!

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Default OHOs Tamiya Leopard 2a6!

Very excited when I got this today, although I would love to build a Tamiya tank from scratch, they are just financially a bit out of my reach right now, unless I fall on a bargain in Germany, which I doubt!
    So, I purchased this second hand, she's a Tamiya Leopard 2A6 for those who don't already know
    I like the fact she was*repsrayed her after the last run and she's sat doing nothing since then, it means I have a good unscratched blank canvas to work with.
    The details are fantastic, she's good and heavy too, the main barrel feels just a bit loose up and down, I'm guessing this is play somewhere in the servo horn or connecting arm (I've not had the turrent off yet to check it all out) so that could probably be sorted quite easily.

Can you guess what it is yet? *

Really beautiful little details all over it, you don't really pick up on these things in other peoples pictures, it's great to see in the flesh.

In all her marvellous glory.

And, I wheeled her back and fourth a few times, over my knife, it became very addicitive, seeing the tracks and wheels moving up and down lol, sad maybe... But thoroughly enjoyable!

And a quick shot outside in the sun

Now am jel dan haha looks mints king of the Tamiya tanks too had a few HLs and a Tamiya tiger 1 a few years back always wanted another great fun,love the way the barrel compensates on this model while moving

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Funnily enough Dre I'm thinking about removing the GBS unit, although it doesn't actually come with it mate it was bought separately, not sure if they've changed since you had yours maybe?
    They're not very good though, well, they are and they aren't, they're very slow, so unless you have a quick servo and remove the servo saver to remove any slop in the movement, they don't work fast enough, and if you do end up removing all the slow, the barrel movement isn't very realistic.
    It's also right in the way of me running a 5200mAh LiPo lol, I have some 1700, but the 5200 would last hours!
    So I reckon I will take all the electrics out eventually, so I can get to the lugs inside, remove all those as neatly as possible, remove the GBS and then a 5200 should fit nicely in the remaining gap.
    At least, that's the plan, but some measuring to be done first!

Broke out the instructions, to have a good thorough read through, and so the tear down begins.
    Need to just fettle a few things and replace a few things.
    Not sure if she'll be repsray or not, and if so, a whole change in theme or not, time will tell I suppose

Thanks to Ad, for the heads up on the suspension damper, it fit right back into place.

I then noticed another one was missing lol!
    And obviously something else from next to it, which I've also no idea what was there, something was definitely glued to it at some point though.

Oh well, lets get cracking *

I just love some of the details, so I decided to give it a little bit of a clean to show some of them off.

Front light pods/brackets fitted.

Mmmm, hello Mr MG3!

Baskets added properly now... Shovel added.

Given my indecision about if to respray or not, I have decided, before investing many many hours and many many pounds into it, I want to use it, I might hate it and sell it, so I don't want to end up too invested into it, so decided to just give it a run tomorrow.
    Wiring all plumbed back in, tested and working fine (to my surprise LOL)

Battle ready!

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

if you do decide to re paint dan,
    I would say the Nato camo scheme would look spot on mate