Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Build

alright cheers ill get the uber bumper holes sorted out this week, saves me getting the stock bumper . Dont mind me asking how did you get there mounted without the stock roll cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Lopes3d View Post
    alright cheers ill get the uber bumper holes sorted out this week, saves me getting the stock bumper . Dont mind me asking how did you get there mounted without the stock roll cage?
    Stock roll cage not needed with TC cage, just the centre hoop section behind tank is left in place

Just got that part all together thanks for the pic, will I need to change my 5b TR front plate to a 5t or should it be alright, also how did you go about mounting the rear?

Just got that part all together thanks for the pic, will I need to change my 5b TR front plate to a 5t or should it be alright, also how did you go about mounting the rear?
    No need to change I ran with a 5b plate for time, only just replaced with a 5t plate the only difference is the brackets are pocketed 3mm into brace holes, rear just plugs into bumper rail holes,

picture hostcertificity.com

Last edited by llazaru; 02-05-2017 at 20:47.

Nice panels, that's alright should all bolt straight on when it comes

Looks like I'll have to get rid of the 5b shock mount then, message me if your interested

Looks like I'll have to get rid of the 5b shock mount then, message me if your interested
    Yes m8 you need the 5t combo brace, or use one of these in pic, may have a black tr 5t combo brace for sale next week pm if interested

img hostcertificity.com

Ah should of said yesterday lool ordered one already

No worries good to go now

I ordered a TC cage from Freeprawn today ...cos I thought it was in stock, only to be disappointed with an email telling me it could be a while as it's on back order.....why do they advertise stuff that they don't have in stock ? .....it really racks me off !.

Did you make your own panels for yours Paul ?

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    I ordered a TC cage from Freeprawn today ...cos I thought it was in stock, only to be disappointed with an email telling me it could be a while as it's on back order.....why do they advertise stuff that they don't have in stock ? .....it really racks me off !.

Did you make your own panels for yours Paul ?
    Showing in stock at MMR Si I would cancel order mate, bought my cage used with the black panels fitted, have made myself a set in red and also an orange set for the lad all in 3mm Perspex, side/bonnet/roof panels are 1mm lexan wrapped in carbon, took my window panels off now no need with the bug shell fitted,

http://www.mmrlargescale.co.uk/acatalog/RCTGN2703.html

Last edited by llazaru; 04-05-2017 at 04:53.

Cheers Laz....ought to have known better with freeprawn...but he does deliver in the end. It was cheaper from freeprawn...that's why I went with it. I just don't think it's good duping folk into believing stuff is in stock when it's not.

Your panels look good mate ...cracking job. Gonna wait and see when the cage is on and decide what to do with it, I fancy something bright n dazzling

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    Cheers Laz....ought to have known better with freeprawn...but he does deliver in the end. It was cheaper from freeprawn...that's why I went with it. I just don't think it's good duping folk into believing stuff is in stock when it's not.

Your panels look good mate ...cracking job. Gonna wait and see when the cage is on and decide what to do with it, I fancy something bright n dazzling

print screen windows xpcertificity.com

Hahahahaa....not that dazzling though mate lol.

I should get my act together and make some TCC panels having a nice straight cage to start with would help though
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Just got my 5t brace on took ages from mmr, cage seems to line up alright so far, engine still a nightmare not catching anymore but can't open carb up fully because it's catching on tank still

Just got my 5t brace on took ages from mmr, cage seems to line up alright so far, engine still a nightmare not catching anymore but can't open carb up fully because it's catching on tank still
    Can you not heat the part of tank up that's in the way and push it inwards a little

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

just looked back through your pics on this mate and noticed you aint got the gear plate etc fitted yet,
    if I was you i'd fit the gear plate/ pinion/spur etc and check to make sure they all line up and fit right,
    what I mean is, is it actually the engine that's too far to the right ?
    would defo be worth checking just to be sure

Yeah checked all that engine is as far up against battery box, carb does open only about half before it catches on tank