Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Build

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lopes3d View Post
    Yeah checked all that engine is as far up against battery box, carb does open only about half before it catches on tank
    nah mate, what I meant was mock up install all the gear plate and pinion/spur gears and bolt down , then that will give you the engines true fixed position, then work from there to see whats catching and where its catching ,

I've just looked at my obr reed engine which is almost identical on the position of the reed block / carb etc and you shouldn't have any issues with the throttle catching anywhere,
    but I have noticed you have a Teflon gasket fitted to yours, mine doesn't use a Teflon gasket, just a normal one so your carbs spaced further forwards,
    so possibly the Teflon gasket is causing the issue ?

Yeah it does have one of them I'll check it out tomorrow, had it all bolted up the other day without the throttle linkage, fits alright just the carb lever arm now. Just got my exhaust it's a victory pro big bore, read you gotta take out the "K" section to fit it in the cage anyone know what this is?

Yeah it does have one of them I'll check it out tomorrow, had it all bolted up the other day without the throttle linkage, fits alright just the carb lever arm now. Just got my exhaust it's a victory pro big bore, read you gotta take out the "K" section to fit it in the cage anyone know what this is?
    it probably just needs a bit of jiggling around to get everything just right mate ,
    but throttle arm shouldn't hit the tank really, so sommat not quite right there,

and the cage, i'm not sure which is the exact part that catches, but just fit the pipe and put the cage on, or offer the cage up and you will soon see which bit needs chopping out ,

Got it together finally ended up taking a bit of the bottom of the carb lever, quick question got a yamadude throttle linkage that needs to be put together but need the little arm that goes into brake cam. Does anyone know where to get one without buying a whole linkage?

Got it together finally ended up taking a bit of the bottom of the carb lever, quick question got a yamadude throttle linkage that needs to be put together but need the little arm that goes into brake cam. Does anyone know where to get one without buying a whole linkage?
    if you mean the bar with the eye in it mate then you will struggle to get one on its own I think,
    Jason at abbots sells individual parts but he aint got any of those by the look of it,
    he sells the complete linkage for 8.99 though,
    link to full linkage ,
    http://abbotsrc.co.uk/HPI-85462-Thro...-P1020560.aspx

Ah great thought the yamadude would of come with one, should be up and running when I get it

Started up for the first time, but I've realised that to get my switchblade killswitch out of the double pulse kill mode, I've got to reverse the aux2 on my spektrum dx4c (sr410) then switch it back to normal, before it blinks for run mode. does anyone know how to get around this?

Started up for the first time, but I've realised that to get my switchblade killswitch out of the double pulse kill mode, I've got to reverse the aux2 on my spektrum dx4c (sr410) then switch it back to normal, before it blinks for run mode. does anyone know how to get around this?
    Pm jollyroger mate he will get you sorted

Cheers sent him a message pretty much all sorted, one thing I have noticed is my steering is no where near as quick as my MCD, in fact it's pretty slow but for a hitec 5765 thought it would be relatively good, any pointers on how to pert this?

What batt do you have? They run much quicker off lipo, also check for any binding

Just a 5000mah ni mh, there's none at all, never had this problem before