Thread: Anyone know anything about audi 2ltdi?

Default Anyone know anything about audi 2ltdi?

Hi all
    I found something today that i cant understand and i am not on a audi forum. So i thought i would see if anyone here knows anything..

I have oil coming out of the cam cover via breather pipe in to the air intake pipe that feeds the turbo.

My question is wtf? That cant be right!! Can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Hi all
    I found something today that i cant understand and i am not on a audi forum. So i thought i would see if anyone here knows anything..

I have oil coming out of the cam cover via breather pipe in to the air intake pipe that feeds the turbo.

My question is wtf? That cant be right!! Can it?
    its very normal ... thats why people put catch cans onto that pipe and block the hole in the intake pipe ... i had a catch can on mine but its a pain in the bangle having to drain it all the time ...
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    its very normal ... thats why people put catch cans onto that pipe and block the hole in the intake pipe ... i had a catch can on mine but its a pain in the bangle having to drain it all the time ...
    Cheers for your reply mate.. i will look in to that, it seems mad to me that it dont have one from standard being as its bound to happen. But then again audi just love making you pay for there manufacturing mistakes or just bad design flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Cheers for your reply mate.. i will look in to that, it seems mad to me that it dont have one from standard being as its bound to happen. But then again audi just love making you pay for there manufacturing mistakes or just bad design flaws.
    its the same as their EGR and DPF systems on that engine they are designed to clog everything up and make it run bad ... i have a mate over here who takes them out and puts software in the ECU to tell the car they are still there ... the worst engine Audi ever made ... the old 1.9 is and always will be the mutts nuts ...
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    its the same as their EGR and DPF systems on that engine they are designed to clog everything up and make it run bad ... i have a mate over here who takes them out and puts software in the ECU to tell the car they are still there ... the worst engine Audi ever made ... the old 1.9 is and always will be the mutts nuts ...
    Ye mate i know about the egr going bad because i have had that problem.. i replace it myself and i must say it was yet again a stupid design as it's running off a plastic gear system in a redhot environment bound to last forever.. i can honestly say the bre 2.0tdi engine suck balls..