Thread: Just picked up a km x2

Default Just picked up a km x2

I have had my eye on ine for some time but now i got one. Only picked it up today so not had time to play with it but its as close to brand new as ya can get. The chap said he only got it on the 7th of June but its to big for him. Any thing i should know about this type of 1/5 scale? Like what are there weak points or any tips would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    I have had my eye on ine for some time but now i got one. Only picked it up today so not had time to play with it but its as close to brand new as ya can get. The chap said he only got it on the 7th of June but its to big for him. Any thing i should know about this type of 1/5 scale? Like what are there weak points or any tips would be great.
    top banana mate ,
    I've never owned one myself, but from what I've seen the diff internals sometimes don't last long, depends how hard ya rag it I suppose,
    but I think people change out the diff innards for losi parts if and when they do go wrong,
    someone might correct me on that though

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    top banana mate ,
    I've never owned one myself, but from what I've seen the diff internals sometimes don't last long, depends how hard ya rag it I suppose,
    but I think people change out the diff innards for losi parts if and when they do go wrong,
    someone might correct me on that though
    Cheers for that mate i will look at the cost of diff replacement parts.. i can see this being another money pit lol i have already been looking at all the cool hop ups that can be got for it.. i think i did well tho as i swapped the baja i had forsale for it. So apart from diesel going to pick it up. the car dont owe me much ..and that how i am going to justify spending money on hopups to the miss's lol.
    Last edited by Skunk; 13-06-2017 at 20:23.

I took the x2 and the baja out today for a run. X2 30.5cc baja 32cc. Ok the x2 off the line beats the baja but i think if the baja was running the standard spur gear and pinon it would be abit closer. But i still think the x2 would beat it because of the 4 wheel drive. The baja i cant just stamp on the gas cus the back end just loves over taking the front where as the x2 you can. So pro's and con's... for fun and driving skill the baja wins hands down.. the x2 is just aim and fire too easy to drive.
    Just my thoughts on it..

I do like the look of the Losi and X2.
    Anthony.......Almighty15 on this forum is your man to ask anything about the X2 , he's had one for a long while and knows and has found all the weak spots of the X2. He has upgraded accordingly as the bits have broke. Ant is down your way too....you've probably met him before have you ?

I think Paul is right about the diffs ...just swap the guts for Losi parts. After all it's a Losi clone
    Last edited by coalminer; 16-06-2017 at 12:50.

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    I do like the look of the Losi and X2.
    Anthony.......Almighty15 on this forum is your man to ask anything about the X2 , he's had one for a long while and knows and has found all the weak spots of the X2. He has upgraded accordingly as the bits have broke. Ant is down your way too....you've probably met him before have you ?

I think Paul is right about the diffs ...just swap the guts for Losi parts. After all it's a Losi clone
    Cheers for that mate.. i will send him a message and ask him for any tips... but no i haven't met him before i have seen his name on here tho.. i hope he dont mind me messaging him.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Cheers for that mate.. i will send him a message and ask him for any tips... but no i haven't met him before i have seen his name on here tho.. i hope he dont mind me messaging him.
    I've met Ant down at Aldridge in the past. He runs the cars with a group of lads who meet at Oak Park...in fact there's a meet up there tomorrow I believe.

I'm sure Ant won't mind you messaging him...he knows all there is to know about the X2 and he is very unbiased he tells the way things are

Pretty much the same as the losi only the cage won't fit the other (slightly longer or shorter)..
    I'd swap out the servos or at least the throttle/brake and install a kill switch asap..lots of alloy parts out there if you want to add..

I'd get an open clutch bell carrier and centre quick diff carrier too..
    Last edited by jackobyte; 17-06-2017 at 20:05.

:gunsmile:IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TOO FADE AWAY !!!! !:gunsmile:

Ye coalminer i sent him a message and he got back to me with a list of bits to replace Lucky the list wants very long
    I was going to Aldridge tomorrow for a little play i hear some people are going there so maybe i will meet some tomorrow.

Ye jackobyte the first thing i did before taking it out the other day was a kill switch.. i wont run any of mine without it.. its just not worth the risk in my opinion.. but why change the brake servo? Its a 45kg servo the same as the one for the steering. Altho i was going to change them for some savox ones i thought them servos was ok.. i was going to put them in a baja if they fit. And ye m8 i have already been looking at all the cool hop ups.. just need to find a big bag of cash first tho lol..i have been looking on the net and i thought an open clutch bell carrier would be a good idea but was unsure.. i mean i run a closed one on the baja to stop muck getting in it. Is it that the x2 or losi dont get that much muck in them because of where the clutch is facing?

Cheers for your help