Thread: Any idea's as to why my OBR is bogging?

Default Any idea's as to why my OBR is bogging?

I just can't seem to suss it out, it bogs off the line then after a while just launches off like a rocket.

Fuel pipes are on the correct way

Clutch is new

I've taken carb off, changed all gaskets.

I've stripped the carb down and cleaned it all with cleaner

Here's a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxDKUNNbb20

Think it could be your clutch spring mate, On your vid it seems to pull off from very low revs.

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

i agree wi mark above mate, sounds low on revs when clutch engages, you probably have the spring in which is the 6k one that comes with the 32,
    try an 8k one ( red spring) and see if it makes a difference ,

It's running a genuine CY clutch with an 8k spring, it was doing the same thing with a snappr clutch that engaged at 10k rpm.

Picking up off the floor so there's no weight on the engine it still bogs down like in the video's.

I've ordered a new diaphragm for the carb as it looks a little worse for wear and seems like it's a fuel supply issue with the carb just giving it way too much fuel, engine will not run on stock settings as it gets drown in fuel and cuts out.

Hoping it's the diaphragm not metering the fuel properly at idle and low RPM.

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by almighty15 View Post
    It's running a genuine CY clutch with an 8k spring, it was doing the same thing with a snappr clutch that engaged at 10k rpm.

Picking up off the floor so there's no weight on the engine it still bogs down like in the video's.

I've ordered a new diaphragm for the carb as it looks a little worse for wear and seems like it's a fuel supply issue with the carb just giving it way too much fuel, engine will not run on stock settings as it gets drown in fuel and cuts out.

Hoping it's the diaphragm not metering the fuel properly at idle and low RPM.
    right mate, now I have an obr 34 full mod that did bog similar but worse than yours,
    I put it down to the 1107 carb in the end,
    I just couldn't get on with the 1107, it wouldn't tune right, needle adjustments seemed to do not much of anything etc etc,
    it was a brand new 1107 I had on that engine as well,
    what I did in the end was change to a 668 carb, now I havnt had a proper chance to run that engine since fitting the 668, but just starting and general running round the garden and driveway at home it seems much happier,
    i'm not saying your carbs the issue , but just my experience with the 1107 that comes on the 32 engine,
    might be worth a try if you have or you can lay your hands on a 668,

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    right mate, now I have an obr 34 full mod that did bog similar but worse than yours,
    I put it down to the 1107 carb in the end,
    I just couldn't get on with the 1107, it wouldn't tune right, needle adjustments seemed to do not much of anything etc etc,
    it was a brand new 1107 I had on that engine as well,
    what I did in the end was change to a 668 carb, now I havnt had a proper chance to run that engine since fitting the 668, but just starting and general running round the garden and driveway at home it seems much happier,
    i'm not saying your carbs the issue , but just my experience with the 1107 that comes on the 32 engine,
    might be worth a try if you have or you can lay your hands on a 668,
    I've always said it was the carb but others have put doubts in my mind which is why I've asked.

The engine bogs because for some reason the 990 has started dumping so much fuel in the engine at idle, at stock settings it chucks so much fuel in that it stalls and the plug is then gunked up with oil.

I'm borrowing an 813 just to chuck on for 5 minutes and see if it runs properly, if it does I know for certain it's the carb and I'll order a new one.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132129466795
    I've just got one of these, good price considering you get the cooler running cr8hix plug too