Thread: charge time

Red face charge time

hi,could someone please tell me how long to charge up a new 6v 3000m AH HUMP battery forthanks barry
    go play in the dirt.

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry morse View Post
    hi,could someone please tell me how long to charge up a new 6v 3000m AH HUMP battery forthanks barry
    depends on charger and charge rate barry,
    but as a guide, if I charge with an old ansmann charger I have at max charge rate of 750mah,
    then a 3000mah battery would take 4 hours ,
    but have a looksy at yer charger and the instructions, should be in there somewhere,
    does get a bit confusing sometimes with half English instructions sometimes though

if you charge it at a rate of 1 amp then set your charger to 3 amps ( 3000 mah = 3 amps ) but if it can be charged at a rate of 2 amps then you can set your charger at 6 amps ... it shouldn't take that long and i always done mine at a rate of 1 amp because a slow charge is meant to be better ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Just my 2p but when i got my son's new hump pack it said to trickle charge it for 24hrs to extend the battery life... but it didn't say what it classed as a trickle tho and i couldnt do it anyway because I only have 1amp as my lowest setting on my charger