Thread: The end of Bashfest

Default The end of Bashfest

Iím seeing posts on facecrap about the Bashfest coming to an end. It looks like there wonít be a 2018 fest and if it does happen to continue in the future it wonít be run by the original organisers. Problems due to insurance reasons for the event.

Another nail in the coffin for UK 1/5 scale

Yep gutted, been to them all and met lots of great people there...already booked my hols around them this yr..
    It was the social side of it for me as i wasn't too bothered about running on the tracks but having a laugh and some beers around the fire pits..

All down to 1 idiot a few yrs back who decided to run cars on the friday afternoon before the event was officially opened, went to retrieve a car on the oval and got hit with another idiots car and broke both bones in his leg, some reason he blamed the event organisers..hopefully Neil and Rob haven't been hit for cash in the court claim as they have given a lot for us to bash with people from all over the uk, it'll be sadly missed by hundreds from the rc community..

Might be time for me to sell all my rc stuff and get back to burning rubber around the welsh mountain roads as the bashfest was the main reason to stay in the game, i'll give it a couple of months them decide..

:gunsmile:IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TOO FADE AWAY !!!! !:gunsmile:

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

if that's true that its the end of bashfest then that's really bad,
    I always wanted to get to one but never did,
    hopefully something similar will start up sooner rather than later

I've read theres a 200,000 quid claim aganist them........i did want to go to one at sum point..........and it was small kid who got hit who ran out to turnover a rc apparently.....not sure how true this is though
    My rc's -Scott fin g32 pro-mx Baja--2200kv super mt4g3--2000kv savage flux alza xl 8s----1850kv hyper7--- lwb carson touring car,----kv lwb Carson touring car--ta-03f 1996 mcray Scooby--Vintage 1987 Tamiya striker--vintage 1983 Tamiya frog--vintage 1985 tamiya fox-vintage 1984 Tamiya grasshopper-obr34 reedV2 losi5--

Quote Originally Posted by evssv View Post
    I've read theres a 200,000 quid claim aganist them........i did want to go to one at sum point..........and it was small kid who got hit who ran out to turnover a rc apparently.....not sure how true this is though
    It was an adult and a wealthy farmer at that...

Baja-Forum Maniac

Sad shame ifs down to one idiot who couldn't look left and right while crossing a track tbh kinda ruined it for everyone now

surely if it happened before the event though how can he claim? as he was in the wrong for starting his rc on the oval before the event even kicked off

From far and wide
    And light years away,
    The one force of nature
    They call me by name,
    I came from tomorrow to take back today
    I am the future...

It would be good if it could start up again in the future, but the thought of some unscrupulous selfish fool making another kind of claim like this would surely put any organisation off starting up again.

https://youtu.be/N4CHL-tu4a8

Quote Originally Posted by jackobyte View Post
    It was an adult and a wealthy farmer at that...
    fair nuff....
    My rc's -Scott fin g32 pro-mx Baja--2200kv super mt4g3--2000kv savage flux alza xl 8s----1850kv hyper7--- lwb carson touring car,----kv lwb Carson touring car--ta-03f 1996 mcray Scooby--Vintage 1987 Tamiya striker--vintage 1983 Tamiya frog--vintage 1985 tamiya fox-vintage 1984 Tamiya grasshopper-obr34 reedV2 losi5--

I've always wanted to go but never found the time to make it , I'm not sure of how the event was organised , but I know that when I enter 1/10th race meets you have to have a up to date BRCA membership which covers you in the event of personal injury or injury of others .

BRCA membership isn't just for racing it covers the holder wether they are racing or bashing in the local park , I'd urge all RC enthusiasts to obtain membership for peace of mind .

Such a shame the event has had to be cancelled .

Flywheel lightening service, manufacturer of ,baja cage risers,piston stops ,H/D spring perches for Standard shocks and IRC shocks ,rear cuffs ,spiked wheel nuts for the baja and losi 5ive ,general machining offered for all your baja needs pm for details

http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/forumdis...Fruitbat-Parts

Now on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1594860060733732/

Quote Originally Posted by rs fruitbat View Post
    I've always wanted to go but never found the time to make it , I'm not sure of how the event was organised , but I know that when I enter 1/10th race meets you have to have a up to date BRCA membership which covers you in the event of personal injury or injury of others .

BRCA membership isn't just for racing it covers the holder wether they are racing or bashing in the local park , I'd urge all RC enthusiasts to obtain membership for peace of mind .

Such a shame the event has had to be cancelled .
    I think you have to be at an approved event or have been given the ok from the land owner to be brca legal, they will only cover upto 30cc as well but still worth it if you think you may be covered..The bashfest had its own cover through an insurance company but with the claim its just too expensive now for the organisers to pay..