Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 Dom Mod

Default V1 Dom Mod

Hey guys a few people have requested this now, so i thought id make it a thread so its more clear for everyone rather than tieing it in with another thread...

What you will need for this mod :
    2 X 30mm Hose clips
    1X 19MM 3/4 inch long Silicone hose found HERE

Tools :
    You will probley need a dremel, i used one to make it easy for me, then used the sanding bit to smooth off the edges, however, you could probley use a hacksaw.
    While i was making a pratt of myself with john i noticed my bolts comming away from the cylinder head on the engine, anyways tightening them up ect

However, i had heared of the dreaded V1 traits that if you get hit up the rear end or bump the rear end of the dom then the shock travels through the exhaust and could potentially crack the cylinder head ( which isnt what anyone wants right?)
    So i had a scoot around and looking at the V2 it made sence as to why they did it

Anyway i cracked streight on and cut my Dom in 1/2 (which was abit drastic lol )

Not a bad job i thought Anyways now i needed the pipe to join the 2 together Which i got from ebay HERE

Cut about 15mm off it and then push fitted it to the pipe on both ends, however, ive not shown this but i am going to use 2 jubalee clips to hold the pipe securly on the exhaust

Heres some pictures :

Thanks guys for looking and all your comments are welcome
    Kieran Bolton!

thanks mate has the rubber held ?

nice one kieran, i have the same pipe so may do that mod, if you remember we got the uber bumpers the same day a few months back,
    by the way fix that floppy pull start it , before it drags along the floor m8
    regards...keith in swindon

Hey guys, cheers, Rubber is still like new mate, had a few runs on it and its gotton really hot, but i think if i took it off i could send it back to manufacturer saying it was unused,

As for the floppy pullstart ive done everything to fix it, just seems i do a fix, couple off pulls later and its floppy

Kieran
    Kieran Bolton!

sorry to change to topic but your pullstart just needs tightening. mine was like that and now its tight as even.
    http://i.imgur.com/RtfmQ.gif
    Chris from Bawsey Baja Bashers Group (King's Lynn- East)
    Roofchopper Sand Rail, 26cc 4 bolt, 8k enclosed clutch, rear dominator exhaust, HD driveshafts, alloy rear hubs, Hostile Spur Gear, 57/17 gearing, triple brake disc mod, IRC Big Bore Shocks, stock throttle servo, Hi-Tec Metal geared steering servo, Killer Bee killswitch with Spektrum DX3.0 Radio Gear.

have you got any more vids of this workking and y dont the rubber melt ?

Because i buy good rubber

Its Silicone acctually and i think its rated to 250 Degree's

Kieran
    Kieran Bolton!

Back To The Large Scale cybermenace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangbaja View Post
    sorry to change to topic but your pullstart just needs tightening. mine was like that and now its tight as even.
    Yes Kieran tighten it up bud or are you just waiting for me to do it on Sunday

Sent from my HTC Desire

good idea mate

yea great mod as the v1 struggles to fit properly....has this rubber lasted@keiran????

Hello i can vouch that this rubber has lasted, ill put a picture up in a second of the same rubber

Kieran
    Kieran Bolton!

Quote Originally Posted by kieranbolton View Post
    Hello i can vouch that this rubber has lasted, ill put a picture up in a second of the same rubber

Kieran
    nice one keiran....i think ill defo be getting me some of that silicone pipe
    my dom isnt even bolted on the cage cos it doesnt fit

Hey guys, cheers, Rubber is still like new mate, had a few runs on it and its gotton really hot, but i think if i took it off i could send it back to manufacturer saying it was unused,

As for the floppy pullstart ive done everything to fix it, just seems i do a fix, couple off pulls later and its floppy

Kieran
    That floppy pull start happens to me some times it's fine then it goes floppy

Hello guys, who has done this mod, and who is happy with it, id also like to see what materials you used?

Seems as people are complaining about it, if so ill take it down, would hate to think its costing people money in new heads etc,
    Kieran Bolton!

i have done the same to my copy dom, 3" piece of 25mm high temp silicone hose used as a joiner,
    http://www.kobikay.plus.com/sigs/sig3.png

S.C.B

South Coast Bashers " Flat Out or Fcuk Off "

Hello guys, who has done this mod, and who is happy with it, id also like to see what materials you used?

Seems as people are complaining about it, if so ill take it down, would hate to think its costing people money in new heads etc,
    I'm going to do this, when the gear lands! But why would people complain if your trying to help them???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs up V1 Dom

Hi
    Just got my Dom from e bay and want to do this mod, ware do i get the parts from mate.

Quote Originally Posted by RichyRage View Post
    Hi
    Just got my Dom from e bay and want to do this mod, ware do i get the parts from mate.
    ebay

think alan77 has some that sells give him a shout

Quote Originally Posted by RichyRage View Post
    Hi
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19mm-3-4-Silic...#ht_1442wt_896