Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V1 Dom Mod

Default Cheers

Cheers for the link top man.

Thumbs up

rust ordered all the parts for this mod, cant wait to do it i love a bit of D I Y cheers for
    the info.

Just ordered all the parts for this mod, cant wait to do it i love a bit of D I Y cheers for
    the info.

Does anyone know where I could possibly get some high temp tubing from locally? Been let down from someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Mod parts

Hi just click on the link posted by Corbs10 on this forum thats ware i ordered my parts from.

134996]Does anyone know where I could possibly get some high temp tubing from locally? Been let down from someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up Excellent Mod thank you

Hi mate just done this mod on my newly purchased v1 using all the same parts you used and found it easy to do plus it works superb,what a difference this pipe has made to my SS it wheelies now its mental.

bolton;130501]Hello guys, who has done this mod, and who is happy with it, id also like to see what materials you used?

Seems as people are complaining about it, if so ill take it down, would hate to think its costing people money in new heads etc, [/QUOTE]

looks pretty good,it will stop the bend in the pipe from pinching and cracking which is a big problem as it gets knocked in the rear to often,mine did,now sonics loner dom does.

Would you use a 22mm or 25mm inner diameter silicone hose?

thanks!

I tried doing this today with my dom, but the pipe internal diameter was too small, anyone else had this problem?
    Owned- Stealthalicious 5B!
    Ported 29CC w/ DOM and lots of vroom vroom upgrades!
    Various nitro and brushless vehicles ranging from 1:12 to 1:8

Do you mean the silicone pipe diameter was to small and if so it does fit very snug so you need to work it on. I done mine a few weeks a go and it works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by nosmonkey View Post
    I tried doing this today with my dom, but the pipe internal diameter was too small, anyone else had this problem?

Think this mod is a good idea but think the dom would rattle around a bit as the strenth is gone. I know the tube gives support but will it hold the two bits of pipe tight together with no flex ? Would love to know how this mod holds out as we all know the v1 dom is a pain to take off and put on.

Default My Dom V1 mod

I done this mod and have found after a bit of use my pipe moved up at the joint and melted through some of my plastics. What i have done now is cut and folded a piece of a pepsi can then wrapped it round the rubber and clamped it up again to give it more support. I will be trying this out in the next few days to see if it holds.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoRich View Post
    Think this mod is a good idea but think the dom would rattle around a bit as the strenth is gone. I know the tube gives support but will it hold the two bits of pipe tight together with no flex ? Would love to know how this mod holds out as we all know the v1 dom is a pain to take off and put on.

im guessing this reduces the chance of the V1 Dom from cracking the head in an impact.

Default i would try this

Hi guys, nice mod... I wanted to do the same and was thinking about just replacing the cut off v1 header with a replacement v2 header. Slide it on the v1 pipe add a silicone connecting tube like the v2 and clamp it down and voila my v1 is suddenly a v2!

Default Thread is probably dead

Hi, guys I firured this thread was probably dead as it dates 2011.... Thought maybe someone would be able to help....